Friday, November 6, 2009

looking back 2009 post #1 - san diego weekend getaway



The last week has been a rough one for our family. Illness has located us and hit us hard. Three out of the four of us are on meds to get rid of bacteria that has taken over our lungs, ears and sinuses, oh my. We are on the mend; however, and looking ahead to days where can run and laugh without coughing and sniffling.

I find this a great time to look over the zillions of pictures I have taken this year and reminisce. Many outing have occurred this year that never appeared on this blog so I am finding the need to fill this time with some fond memories.
In June, we took a mini-getaway to San Diego. Julia and I had a mother-daughter getaway there earlier in the year, too. Maybe I will post pictures from that adventure next.
It is no fun to go stay downtown without taking public transportation so we took the train and what kid does not like public transportation. Buses, trams, trolleys, trains...you name it, they love it. Our hotel was just a few blocks from the station. I tend to always pay extra when we take Amtrak to sit in business class so we get goodies and a guarantee for a reserved seat.

Grandma and Grandpa Lessman met us at the station and we have a very nice weekend together.

the children's menus/etch a sketch in the hotel bar

One of my favorite places in San Diego is Balboa Park. This day we hit the aerospace museum.


I even had some time to meet my friend Teri around the corner for a drink

The best part of the weekend, though, was spending time together as a family. Since James cares for his dad 7 days a week, twice a day, our mini getaways are few and far between...for now.

No comments: