Thursday, September 2, 2010

Days 10 and 11 - The End of the Road



We had a lazy morning at our friends house eating pancakes and drinking coffee and then we were off.

Today's destination? Fairfield, CA. The drive is just a few hours and we want to break up the drive home since we have a LONG drive home.

Fairfield is windy!

We toured the Jelly Belly Factory and went swimming at the hotel and plain and simply relaxed at the hotel.





The next morning we drove highway 12 which took us through the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta. Fascinating!

Really.

I like deltas.

We hit one last State Park before we hit home. The Tule Elk State Reserve. It is the tiniest California State Park I have ever seen. It is in the middle of nowhere and no one was there.



searching for the Elk.


I was the perfect place to have some snacks and let the kiddos run around, but...

NO ELK.

They must have been hiding.

Oh wait there's one behind James.



The time spent together as a family was fantastic and I am truly sad it is over. I am not ready for it to be over. Road trips are my favorite vacations.

No comments: