Monday, February 15, 2010

a mother's dream



I have been waiting for this day for a long time. A birthday? A holiday? A vacation day? What day you say? (no I am not trying to rhyme. It just happened. :)

My kids organized their portion of the bookcase today...ALL ON THEIR OWN. I did not suggest it. I never even mentioned it. It was their idea and I was thrilled.

Yes, they dumped all the clean laundry out on my bedroom floor so they could transport the books in the laundry basket, but that is okay. I let it slide. They were being resourceful. They used their noggins and might I just comment on the teamwork involved. I love it. Keep it up girls!

Problem number one? Messy bookcase. Problem number two, how do we transport books? Laundry basket. Brilliant. Okay, maybe brilliant is too much, but they are only 6 and 3 so I am giving them double credit.


Top shelf Julia declared is Serena's. Bottom shelf, Julia's. Serena is fine with that decision.




Now children...can you please go organize your closet?

No comments: