Wednesday, July 15, 2009

the jewel



Down the road is the 7th mission built in California by Father Junipero Serra, Mission San Juan Capistrano. It is considered the jewel of the 21 missions and I agree. It is a small slice of beauty and I enjoy visiting this pretty and historic place.





The girls and I headed there for a few hours to learn, photograph, walk, absorb, and reflect. The gardens are gorgeous and the architecture is awesome. Such a great place for a picnic on a warm summer day.



Highlights? All of it.

The great stone church, sacred garden and bell wall, central courtyard, artifacts, and Serra Chapel are all amazing. The mission is such a great place to take snapshots and I am not kidding when I tell you that I took 180 pictures. How do I choose which ones to share?







weaving


Thursdays are story time days at mission during the summer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos of the mission! Have you ever been to their Christmas at the Mission night in December? It's so gorgeous...all lit up at night.

Traci said...

No. Julia's birthday is Dec. 4th and every year her birthday celebrations always fall on the same day as the mission Chistmas.
I saw your pictures, though, from last season, and I have vowed to attend this year. Looks beautiful!