Monday, May 17, 2010

disneyland and dramamine



I have a problem with motion sickness and it can happen anywhere for me whether I am on a boat, plane, or car. Did I mention I get sick when I shop? This is a true statement and really I think it is the browsing that kills me. This is partly the reason why I hate to shop. I don't like it. I dislike it. Blah. Don't make me go.


This, however, has not stopped me from riding roller coasters, lots and lots of roller coasters. At least, it did not stop me until recently. Ever since I gave birth to...wait...could it be my age? Whatever it is (hormones?) it has become worse. I drove to Big Bear last year and got sick at the top of the mountain even though I drove. Next thing you know I will be throwing up just walking up stairs. Nice thought, huh?

Yesterday, I took Julia (just us two) to Disneyland. She mentioned many times that she REALLY wants to go on the teacups. Um. This did not sound very good to me so I tried to talk her out of it by telling her, "they are boring and not any fun at all." She did not like that answer.


I took two Dramamine (I prefer Bonine, but Target did not have it which irritated me) before we left ,for the first time ever, before heading to an amusement park.

Sigh. I am getting old.

I took the "less" drowsy formula, but found myself really relaxed, almost napping, on the It's a Small World and Pirates of the Caribbean rides. Other than my small sleepy bouts it worked, but I must say we never made it on the tea cups. Oh, darn.

Anyone else have this same issue at the Happiest Place on Earth?



On a side note: The park was empty which is always excellent and the lines were pretty nonexistent. Julia was even pulled in to a little dance finale with Mary Poppins.



Of course, once again, I have many pictures to share.






No comments: