Monday, May 17, 2010

i have been asked about my camera

I am not anti DSLR , but I cannot afford one at this time and I have not put any money away for one. My sweet husband bought me my current point and shoot camera last year for my birthday. I think at the time it cost about $275 and recently I have seen it for under $200. Is is a Canon Powershot SX110IS. The cool thing about this point and shoot is it has many manual settings so if I feel the need to play with them I can. It is not the smallest of cameras, but it takes very clear and clean photos which was my main criteria. I have learned some great techniques when taking my photos and the best thing about digital cameras is I can delete, delete, delete! I routinely take 100 photos during an outing and only use a handful of them in the end.



After using this camera for almost a year straight I can happily say I am not sick of it. In fact, I love it. It will be a while before I trade up.

2 comments:

T.J. said...

It's fun to meet fellow point and shoot picture takers out there :) I have a Canon Powershot and liked it just fine, but then I saw everyone else's pictures and started to covet a DSLR, but I am in the same boat as you. I pouted for a while and then decided to learn all I could on my point and shoot. My skills getting much better and that little camera is a workhorse- I do love it now!

Traci said...

I know what you mean. It is challenge to get my camera to take great shots. Those DSLRs, though, are pretty hard to beat. Oh well, I will try. :) Thanks.