Saturday, June 13, 2009

happy birthday to me-part 1



I know. Officially my 36th birthday is not until tomorrow, but I have declared this entire weekend, to myself, my birthday weekend. So many fun things have already happened. Yesterday we had pizza at my parents with my visiting cousins Stacey and Jordan from Pennsylvania. It was fun catching up and watching the hockey game, game 7 of the finals with an official Pens fan. Even though I have not watched any hockey games for at least the past 4 years, Stacey's excitement was contagious. Go Pens! Julia was lucky enough to spend the night at grandma's and have her first official, big kid, sleepover with Jordan.



Today the girls and I went for hike/picnic in another grand Orange County Regional Park. I am not sure if people realize how many beautiful parks there are "right around the corner". Our favorite gal pals met us and we had 3 hours of nature fun including another nature center, with taxidermy animals, which housed a cougar, foxes, owls, etc. I read many of the animals were found dead and hit by cars.

I just realized that is one profession I never hear about. I have never met a taxidermist. Has anyone ever met a taxidermist? Who are these people?









Dinner tonight was yummy! James made chicken stir-fry. The kids are asleep and now I get to do homework. Yippee. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me.

Here is a preview of what is to come tomorrow morning...

breakfast

2 comments:

khilts4 said...

i met a taxidermist. it was the father of the family i stayed with in WI during my freshman year domestic exchange. scary thing was he worked in the basement of their house and the girl's bedroom where i stayed was also in the basement....pretty freaking walking around a dark basement with a bunch of dead, stiff animals staring at you....

Traci said...

karen. How weird and that would be totally scary at the same time. Ooh ahh ahh.