Wednesday, June 17, 2009

new experience



Julia is taking a break from swimming for a while and moving on to something new. She is a great swimmer and I hate to see her stop, but she is only 5 for goodness sakes and she will swim again! I am amazed how confident she is when placed in new situations and meeting new people. She certainly is turning out to be a self-assured young person.

Today was Julia's first highland dance lesson. Pas de bas and high kicks are the first steps to learn. She LOVED it. She has informed me, "I like swimming, but I LOVE dance." So we will do dance for a while and check it out. She wants to go back next week so that is a great sign. As long as she has fun and enjoys new things we will keep at it. Maybe she will be competing at the games next year.

No comments: